20101125

AIN'T IT FUN






T-shirt by Patrick Mohr for Not Just a Label, Proenza Schouler moto booties, Mandy Coon leather bunny bag from Opening Ceremony, Zara cutoffs, unbalanced wisdom tooth ring and stag shield pendant courtesy of L.S.D., sterling & 14kt gold vermeil silverware bangles courtesy of Alberto Juan.



Hello from a hotel in Germantown, Maryland ... my family and I went to spend Thanksgiving with my in-laws. They had yet to meet the baby, so this was a particularly special visit. My mother-in-law ordered a Chinese feast and served pie & cake for dessert; my husband and I ate ourselves sick while his parents fought over the little one. It was beautiful times all around.



L.S.D. recently shipped me an extremely generous goody package all the way from New Zealand containing the feeling a little unbalanced ring, which is crafted from a human molar (complete with fillings) set atop oxidized solid sterling. I think this may be my favorite L.S.D. piece. I love the offset placement of the tooth, and like everything else Charlotte makes, the detail is incredible. Each one of these rings are completely unique, as not one tooth is the same. Certain L.S.D. treasures have such an organic feel, and I love that. Also in the package was another insanely cool piece that I will be sharing on here very soon.



I was equally excited when I received these exquisite sterling & 14kt gold vermeil silverware bangles, compliments of Alberto Juan. I always feel like my words sort of fail me when I attempt to describe the all-around superior design aesthetic of Alberto Juan creations. These bangles are beautiful and so wearable. I liked the way they looked juxtaposed with the L.S.D. pieces today -- the delicate, "antiqued" appearance of the bangles next to the macabre, industrial style of the ring and pendant worked (for me, at least), and I got tons of "where did you get your jewelry?"s this morning during a 7-11 coffee run.




I coveted this shirt for awhile; I love the inside-out stitching and the little NJAL cow logo embroidered on the bottom of the white panel. They have some pretty neat duds at that shop.

Off to sleep I go .. I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday spent with your favorite people &hearts

13 comments:

inkarlcerating said...

the yin and yang shirt! love et

u look great. u remind me of the proenza schouler girls on the runway

Blue is in Fashion this Year said...

Oh, I have the same T-shirt!
Really love your style and blog :)
Ciao!

Anonymous said...

Loving the shoes, as ever. Great set of photos, too.

hill said...

duuuuuuude I want that ring so bad!

Darko said...

I flipping LOVE those boots. But ! can only find them in suede and theres no way I can afford. Where did you find the plane leather? Oh the other hand that bag is TOO GD COOL! love ya! 3

Unknown said...

lovely bag!! :)

Rebecca said...

love the photos and the boots are to cute

Julia said...

That last shot is stunning. You are looking as you usually look, which is fabulous and cool and like someone I want to know. xoxo

Sister Shirley said...

The last shot is the best one ever! and I will always adore those PS shoes.

TASHA BANKS said...

your jewellery in this outfit post has complimented eachother so well!!
love your rings!
and your 'love' tatt on your hand!


your one hell of a cool chick! ha ha!

Jody said...

Those Proenza Schouler boots are killing me! So good!

Anonymous said...

Where you get boot in plain leather no suede? I only find suede. Please I ask kindly respond with store location which offering international shipping services.

michelle_ said...

the shoes are fabb !!

glisters and blisters